NPSD Property Tax Rebate Program
NPSD has a new way in which some of our taxpayers can benefit from tax relief. At an action meeting of the NPSD Board of School Directors in October 2017, the school board unanimously approved a property tax rebate program that will see a discount of $62.50 to $162.50 for certain homeowners. To qualify for this discount, applicants must:
- own a home as their primary residence in the North Penn School District and have a household income of no more than $35,000 annually (excluding one-half of social security benefits); and
- be 65 years of age or older; or
- be a widow and widower aged 50 years of age or older; or
- be permanently disabled and 18 years of age or older.
The property tax rebate program is based on the existing Pennsylvania Property Tax and Rent Rebate program which has been in effect since 1971 and is funded by state lottery and slot machine proceeds. North Penn homeowners must qualify for the state rebate program to qualify for the district rebate program. NPSD is granting a 25 percent rebate of the state's rebate and is broken down as follows:
- $162.50 annual rebate for North Penn homeowners with a yearly household income between $0 to $8,000;
- $125 annual rebate for North Penn homeowners with a yearly household income between $8,001 to $15,000;
- $75 annual rebate for North Penn homeowners with a yearly household income between $15,001 to $18,000; and
- $62.50 annual rebate for North Penn homeowners with a yearly household income between $18,001 to $35,000.
For those who qualify for the Tax Rebate Program, forms can be found by visiting or calling your local legislator. You may also click here to view forms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How is the rebate received?
Q: When can the rebate be expected?
A: Within 30 days of the completed application being received by the school district.
Q: Do I need to attach a copy of my school tax bill?
Q: What can I use if I do not have a copy of form PA-1000?
A: Please visit www.doreservices.state.pa.us/
pitservices/wheresmy/rebate where you will find a print out of information needed.
Q: Will a bank statement be sufficient as a receipt of the amount set forth as requested in Part D, line (b)?
Q: Is this school property tax rebate yearly or a one-time rebate?
A: It was approved by the NPSD Board of School Directors for the 2018-2019 year. The board will consider extending the program as part of the 2019-2020 budget process.
Q: Is anyone available at the district level to answer questions as it is hard to get to my representative's office?
A: Members of the NPSD Business Office can answer questions, but cannot assist in completing the form. Please contact 215-853-1011 with questions.