North Wales Elementary School201 Summit Street, North Wales, PA 19454215-699-4471 (Fax 215-616-0521)“If it’s to be, it’s up to me!”Principal- Mr. Joseph T. Covone III, firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal’s Secretary- Bobbi Jo Foulks, email@example.com, ext. 1650
Building/Attendance Secretary- Bryauna Everett firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 1651
Guidance Counselor- Tracy Schaeffer, email@example.com, ext. 1652School Hours/Arrival & Dismissal9:10 - 3:40—Students must be in class by 9:10 or they are considered tardy. Please plan to arrive at school between 9:00 and 9:05 if you are walking or arriving by car.
- Morning Kindergarten - 9:10 - 11:58
- Afternoon Kindergarten - 12:52 - 3:40
Walkers—Arrival and dismissal for walkers takes place at the entrance on the 4th street side of the building.
Car-Riders—Arrival and dismissal for car-riders takes place at the rear entrance/driveway, which can be accessed from 4th street.
Kindergarten Arrival and Dismissal - Please note that dismissal from a.m. Kindergarten, and arrival for p.m. Kindergarten takes place on Summit Street (front steps).
Tardy Arrivals - Students arriving after the final bell must be walked into the main office by their parent/guardian and signed into school. Students must receive a late pass to be admitted to class.
Transportation Requests - Please send in a note to your child’s teacher if there are any changes from their usual dismissal routine. A note is also required from each parent when students go home with each other. A Transportation Request form is available to print from this website under North Wales Information/Forms.
To Report an Absence or Lateness
North Penn School District utilizes SafeArrival for Attendance:
With SafeArrival, you can report your child out the day of a sick absence. Plus, if you know your child will be out of school ahead of time, you can preschedule the absence using any of these three convenient methods:
- Using your mobile device, download and install the SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (or from the links at https://go.schoolmessenger.com). The first time you use the app, select Sign Up to create your account using an email address we have on file for you. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
- Use the SafeArrival website, https://go.schoolmessenger.com. The first time you use the website, select Sign Up to create your account. Once again, please remember to create your account using an email address we have on file for you. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
- Call the toll-free number (888) 239-8495 to report an absence using the automated phone system.
These options are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Future absences can be reported at any time. Day of absences, for instance for illness, should be reported as early in the morning as possible the day of the absence. You can of course still call or email your student’s school to report an absence.
If you are unable to utilize SafeArrival, please call Mrs. Everett at 215-853-1651 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please refer to the Elementary School Parent Handbook (also available on this website) for the complete NPSD attendance policy. Absences will be marked as excused or unexcused in accordance with NPSD guidelines.